Workers' Compensation is a benefit that is available to nearly all employees in Pennsylvania who suffer an injury that arose out of and in the course of their employment. Work related injuries typically covered by workers' compensation include:
- Neck, back and knee injuries
- Carpal tunnel, repetitive trauma injuries
- Hearing problems
- Work-related emotional problems
- Work-induced heart attack or stroke
- Occupational disease success as asbestosis & dermatitis; disfigurement and scarring of face, neck or hands
- Asthma or other work related pulmonary conditions
- Loss of use of limbs
- Eye injuries
When you are hurt while performing your duties as an employee there is a specialized area of legislation that governs from whom and how much you can recover. This differs from other types of injuries. We are devoted to assisting our clients in working through this complicated area of law in order to receive a fair settlement from all possible sources. The issues that arise most often in these matters are:
- Whether you were an employee at the time of the injury?
- Was the injury received while you were on the job?
- Was there an injury?
- What benefits are you entitled to?
- Was the injury permanent?
- Are you entitled to a settlement?
- Should you accept a settlement?
Contact Attorney Edwin Smith to answer any questions you may have.